As a follow up to my previous post [How to use onUpgrade() correctly in Android], I decided that I should probably add some tests to avoid database upgrade failures in the future. Manually testing database upgrades in Android can be quite a pain and you are bound to miss something, especially if you have had loads of versions […]
In the previous post, I discussed implementing a custom Retrofit Client to mock out different HTTP response codes. This mechanism works well for Retrofit versions 1.9 and below but has its drawbacks. After trying out Retrofit 2, I have adjusted the previous sample and managed to achieve the same results (with some improvements 😀).
Writing test cases in Android can be quite a daunting task, especially the handling of different server responses. Testing error responses can be quite problematic and your app might not cover all the different scenarios. If you are using Retrofit 1.9 and below to do your network calls, testing error responses can be quite simple. There […]